top of page

Planning & Development

Redevelopment can impact older neighbourhoods and its residents in different ways.  Our Community League strives to remain aware of any substantial upcoming development within Westmount and provide any relevant information to our community members. 

Infill Construction

Some helpful links:

Evolving Infill Good Neighbour Guide

City Zoning Bylaws

Development Permits Map

Questions?  Contact:

David Berry

Director of Civics

Westmount Community League

* This page is updated on a monthly basis and is meant only as a source of information of what is happening in and around Westmount.

Image by Josh Olalde

The Westmount Community League does not typically take a public stance on individual issues of planning and development. As a neighbourhood with a diverse mix of people, buildings and uses, there tends to be a wide range of opinion on these issues. As such, we feel the best way to represent the full extent of our neighbourhood is to provide information and resources to empower our residents to make their voices heard.

To that end, you can find a list of City resources below. We also regularly host information sessions and presentations on planning and development issues that affect Westmount. If you have further questions or require additional information, please don't hesitate to reach out.


Consider contacting our Councillor to share your feedback.

  • Reach out to the Builder


Reach out to the builder or developer to establish an open dialogue from the start of a project.

  • Development Approvals


Contact Development Approvals for general permitting questions, information on Development Permit conditions and feedback.


  • Infill Questions


Contact the Infill Liaison Team for questions around infill policy and regulations, the Infill Roadmap and outreach opportunities.




  • Construction and Safety Complaints


Ask for the Infill Compliance Team to report complaints related to untidy worksites, damage to alleys/sidewalks/public trees, noise concerns, absence of required permit signage, or to inquire about a site's compliance with its development permit.

Ask for the Safety Codes Officers for complaints related to excavations, site fencing or other construction related concerns. 


Phone: 311

  • Trespassing Complaints


Contact Edmonton Police Services for complaints related to trespassing on site.


Phone: 780.423.4567

bottom of page