Sat, Sep 16|
Westmount Community Hall
Westmount Community League Day
The entire City is celebrating Community League Day! Grab the babies and Grandma and join the fun starting at 2:00 PM in/around the Westmount Community League Hall. We will continue into the evening, opening DRINK IN THE RINK at 5:00 (until 9:00PM). There will be fun, so consider yourself warned!
When & Where
Sep 16, 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Westmount Community Hall, 10978 127 St NW
Drink in the Rink, Live Music, Craft Beer & Wine, Food Trucks, Outdoor Yoga, Kid's Activities & Games & More!
Be a volunteer!
We are looking for some generous, community-minded folks to donate some of your precious time (and muscle) to make sure our Community Day event is a huge success. Pick a job and a shift here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D49A4A92FA3FBC70-community
- 2:00-2:30 PM - Community League Day Welcome, booth outside Community Hall - Self-guided tours of newly-renovated community hall
- 2:00-5:00 PM - Senior's Lounge, inside Community Hall - Relaxing space to catch up with your friends and enjoy a cup of tea
- 2:00-5:00 PM - Children's Games, south parking lot - Face painting, chalk art mural, bubble tubs, sand treasure hunt, tug of war, bean bag toss, water gun spray art
- 2:00-2:30 PM & 3:00-3:30 PM- Drop-in Yoga, next to Community Garden - Suitable for all levels of yogis, this flow yoga class moves slower than the typical vinyasa class to really stretch out our muscles and calm our minds
- 3:00 PM - WCL welcomes regional elected officials
- 3:00-4:30 PM - Graffiti Art, south parking lot - spray paint activity - kids can spray paint flower pots or picture frames
- 4:00 PM - Sabor de Los Andes Food Truck, north parking lot - Food truck open for business as well as hot dog, chips and candy being sold by the Community League
- 4:00-8:00 PM - Q&A in the Community Garden
- 5:00-9:00 PM - Drink in the Rink, Community Ice Rink - beer gardens, live music, kid's activities (any Community League Membership needed to enter - available for purchase at gate)
Don't forget to enter into the City-Wide Community League 50/50 Raffle! Proceeds will be used for promotional activities to increase public awareness of the anti-racism, diversity and inclusion work of Community Leagues and partner organizations. The League that sell the most tickets wins $1,000.
Get your 50/50 tickets here: EFCL Community League Raffle